After update from 11 to 12 (and now stll from 13.0.5 to 13.0.6) : Calendar loading infinitly (and php-fpm 100% CPU usage)

After a new attempt to upgrade 11.0.3 to 12.0.final, calendar loading still doesnā€™t complete and php-fpm CPU usage still goes to 100% (per calendar loading attempt).

FF Console additionally shows:
Error in parsing value for ā€˜topā€™. Declaration dropped. calendar
Error in parsing value for ā€˜leftā€™. Declaration dropped. calendar

And:
ā€œ
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.0 core.js:7:542
"Deprecation warning: use moment.updateLocale(localeName, config) to change an existing locale. moment.defineLocale(localeName, config) should only be used for creating a new locale See http://momentjs.com/guides/#/warnings/define-locale/ for more info.ā€ core.js:1563:2834
/remote.php/dav/calendars/ncuser01/defaultalendar/
"

ā€œ/defaultalendar/ā€ ?? for ā€œDefault Calendarā€?? Is there something missing? Or is there something about a NC message, just after upgrade, for MySQL like ā€œconvert to UTF8ā€¦ā€?

Do you have an idea, @oparoz? thanks

The same here. After Upgrade, calendar is not working anymore. Some of the calendars working, others (shared or not) infinite spin and 100% CPU Load.
This is a serious issue for me, because nextcloud-installation is prodactiv.
Is ist possible do downgrade the installation without any loss?

Iā€™m not sure, if downgrading is possible without a lot of hassleā€¦

Iā€™m lucky to be able to create VM snapshots, before I upgrade. Additionally Iā€™ve got nightly DB and data backup scripts. Without those I think Iā€™d be lost.

OK, playing arround my nextcloud, this happend:

1. Backedup all my data
  2. export the calendars as ics-files
  3. delete all broken calendars in nc
  4. create all calendars
  5. try to import ics-files
  6. Canā€™t because of non-campatible content warning in nc-importer
  7. try to import from calendar-app (macos)
  8. broken sync, 100% CPU
  9. f*ck

My new attempt to upgrade 11.0.3 to 12.0.x still gives the same calendar loading issues. No entries in Webui Logviewer.

Webconsole shows:

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.0  core.js:7:542
"Deprecation warning: use moment.updateLocale(localeName, config) to change an existing locale. moment.defineLocale(localeName, config) should only be used for creating a new locale See http://momentjs.com/guides/#/warnings/define-locale/ for more info."  core.js:1563:2834
/remote.php/dav/calendars/ncuser01/defaultalendar/

Config.php is configured with respect to my reverse proxy.

Has really no one an idea what this could be?

Please - could anyone investigate on this still existing calendar problem?

New attempt (after Debian php updates) to upgrade 11.0.3 to 12.0.x still results in the same not loading calendar.

JS Console:
ā€œError: Updating calendar failed app.min.js:3:23575
/remote.php/dav/calendars/ncuser01/defaultalendar/ app.min.js:2:16313ā€

How is ā€œDefault calendarā€ from Webui becoming ā€œ/defaultalendar/ā€ in the URL??

Are there any news about this issue? Thanks

I opened a issue on github. Maybe this helps.

Thanks @Hollerauer. Iā€™m curious if the Debian constellation might be the little troublemaker.

Original issue was closed because I posted it in the wrong repository. Sry

New Issue:

Thank you @Hollerauer

Somethingā€™s in the bushesā€¦

After updating 11.0.3 to 12.0.1RC4 the problem still exists. On https://github.com/fruux/sabre-vobject/pull/383 apearently the issue has been resolved, but I guess itā€™ll take some time to get this update, wonā€™t it?

Here is the solution for this issue posted on github

1 Like

Just for confirmation - the fix works.

Backup the file first and apply the fix :
/var/www/your_ncpath/3rdparty/sabre/vobject/lib/Recur/RRuleIterator.php

Replace:

$date->setDate($currentYear, 1, 1);
with
$date = $date->setDate($currentYear, 1, 1);

$date->add(new \DateInterval(ā€˜Pā€™ . $byYearDay . ā€˜Dā€™));
with
$date = $date->add(new \DateInterval(ā€˜Pā€™ . $byYearDay . ā€˜Dā€™));

$date->sub(new \DateInterval(ā€˜Pā€™ . abs($byYearDay) . ā€˜Dā€™));
with
$date = $date->sub(new \DateInterval(ā€˜Pā€™ . abs($byYearDay) . ā€˜Dā€™));

Or ā€˜sedā€™ on it, I was afraid about not ESCaping right :wink:

@MikeLupe please mark as solved

I can see 12.0.1RC5 has integrated the 2nd and 3rd replaces into /3rdparty/sabre/vobject/lib/Recur/RRuleIterator.php

But the first one is missing, thatā€™s enough for again getting the 100% php-fpm cpu load with non-loading calendar:

should be

After replacing this line, calendar loads normally again.

This unfortunately still is the case with 12.0.3 final. I had again to replace the first mentioned entry manually. Could we integrate the latest sabre update, or what would be the proceeding?

Hi, is there any solutiono to this, yet? It appears I am running into the same issue.

Have you tried the workaround?

I can see 12.0.1RC5 has integrated the 2nd and 3rd replaces into /3rdparty/sabre/vobject/lib/Recur/RRuleIterator.php

But the first one is missing, thatā€™s enough for again getting the 100% php-fpm cpu load with non-loading calendar:

should be

After replacing this line, calendar loads normally again.
1 Like