[Question] Address book with over 10,000 records - can Nextcloud do that?

Support intro

Nextcloud version _ Nextcloud 15.0.7 _:
Operating system and version Ubuntu 16.02):
Apache or nginx version _
PHP version ( 7.1):

The issue you are facing: time out and crashes - endless loading
I would like to manage approx. 10,000 address data with Nextcloude. It works in principle but it comes depending on the Internet connection and laptop to time out and crashes.
MY Nextcloude is at a separate server installed and tested - it does not seem to be the server - but Nextkloud tried to load all ( 10.000 ) contacts in the browser in the 2nd column as a preview.
Is the problem known?
Can the loading of this preview be switched off or limited to max 200 entrys?
Any tricks to use it with this amout of entrys ?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? : does not seem to be a error but a performance question

Steps to replicate it:

1. loade 10.000 user in the adressbook …

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

Other users have reported that they have address books in a similar size so it shouldn’t be a problem of the underlying server. You’re most likely speaking about the contacts app which causes some pain when loading so may contacts. Based on user feedback, the latest app version 3.1.0 should improve the situation:

1 Like

As @j-ed says, 3.1.0 is the contacts version that you need! :slight_smile:
I can easily have 10k contacts running on my setup without any problem (though a bit more laggy than 200 contacts, but this is already quite an improvement)! :wink:

1 Like