Additional storage space

Howdy. I’ve got Nextcloud installed on a Debian machine. It’s working reasonably well, but there’s one thing I’d like to do but don’t know how to. Namely, Nextcloud is installed in /var/www on the main disk (a 250GB SSD), and I’ve got a 4TB HDD in that same machine where I keep a lot of files, which I currently access from my main computer through Linux’s NFS protocol. I would like to be able to interact with those files externally as well, but there are too many of them to simply upload onto the cloud (I’ve got about 1TB of files at the moment).

So I was wondering, is it somehow possible to modify where Nextcloud stores user files? Or perhaps even add a secondary storage? Or just do something so that Nextcloud either stores files on the HDD or is able to access and serve the files already stored on the HDD.

Hi @fumofumo

Moving the Nextcloud data directory is not officially supported and can lead to problems if not done correctly. I can’t help you with that, but a search in the forums should bring up multiple threads about this topic.

Yes, that’s possible with the External Storage App…

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_files/external_storage/local.html#local