Adding external calendar via "subscription link" misses the tasks in the calendar

I am using Nextcloud 21.0.1. I have a link on a server where I generate an ics file dynamically. When I visit the address where the ics file is located with firefox, I successfully download the ics file with the following contents (I added newlines to make it more readable):

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//SabreDAV//SabreDAV//EN
CALSCALE:gregorian

X-WR-CALNAME:my-project

BEGIN:VTODO
DTSTAMP;VALUE=DATE-TIME:20211120T204201Z
SUMMARY:one
UID:90bfdc4d-2701-4269-93fd-b8407b2d132d
END:VTODO

BEGIN:VTODO
DTSTAMP;VALUE=DATE-TIME:20211120T205322Z
SUMMARY:two
UID:dfafc9ac-d7cd-421c-b745-b6fc0f4e49f5
END:VTODO

END:VCALENDAR

When I manually import this ics file in Nextcloud in the Calendar app using the Import calendar button, the calendar gets imported fine. The two tasks are imported successfully as well and I can see them in the Tasks app in Nextcloud.

However, if I subscribe to the calendar above using the New subscription from link (read-only) option (under the + button in the Calendar app), the calendar does get created but no tasks are created in the tasks app. There is nothing relevant in the logs.

I tried to investigate this a bit more and created manually a normal calendar in Nextcloud (without tasks) and on with tasks. I then exported both and looked at the ics files. They were exactly the same, which makes me think that the distinguishment between calendars with tasks and calendars without tasks is an internal/implementation thing of Nextcloud.

Does anyone know what is going on? Is there an error on my side?

1 Like

I’m also facing the same issue.
Were you able to resolve this ?

No, this feature is lacking currently in the tasks app:

1 Like

oh… okay…
seems you already raised the feature request… Great !