Accidentially downgraded from nextcloud 15.0.14.1 to owncloud 10.2.1.4

Hi all,

I ran Ubuntu 16.04 on my local home server for quite some time, using nextclouds update mechanism to frequently update my nextcloud instance to the latest version.

Recently, I decided to update my ubuntu distribution (sudo apt dist-upgrade). Unfortunately, did this overwrite/downgrade (?) my current nextcloud instance.

After rebooting my server, the webend displays the hint " Downgrading is not supported and is likely to cause unpredictable issues (from 15.0.14.1 to 10.2.1.4)"!

I’d be very thankful for any hints on how to resolve this issue. I really need my “old” 15.0.14.1 back (including apps, etc., which are incompatible with 10.2.1.4, etc.)

Any help is appreciated.

Best,
Bernd

I don’t understand how it should be possible that ownCloud uses the same directory structure than Nextcloud. Without further information about how you’ve installed Nextcloud/ownCloud, which web server you’ve installed, which URL you’re entering to access it, etc., etc. it will be difficult to give any advise, except that there are different ways to solve the problem:

1. Use your regular backup and restore the Nextcloud installation and configuration.
  2. Download the Nextcloud 15 archive and manually extract it on the console.

Hi @j-ed,
thank you. Long story short: I used my automated backup to restore the state of the day before.

Best,
Bernd

1 Like

Please keep in mind that Nextcloud v15.x has already reached the “end-of-life” state end of December 2019. You should instantly update your installation to a supported version, e.g. NC 18.0.4.