Accessing e2e encrypted data on iOS Device

Servus Community,

I have activated e2e encryption on my server and encrypted a dedicated test directory in the desktop client on one of my devices. The lock icon also appears everywhere on each client. Now I want to access the encrypted test data on my iPhone (iOS) but I get a message that the encryption is not activated in the iOS app and ask me to activate it in the settings. Now the wizard asks me to enter a six-digit PIN, which I have cancelled for now, becauseā€¦

ā€¦I assume that this will only allow me to encrypt data again, this time with the iOS, which I will then no longer be able to decrypt on the other devices. Now I have a question of understanding: Are e2e encrypted data only available on the device on which they were encrypted and can no longer be decrypted on other devices? Or have I overlooked something?

BTW: During encryption I got a list of 10 words that I supposedly need to add other devices but where do I enter them? In the dialogue mentioned above with the PIN entering, this canā€™t have anything to do with it, because the words are of different lengths.

Appreciate any information and thank you for your attention.

FYI: Iā€™m using Nextcloud Version 20.0.4 on Debian 10.

Bye Tom