I have never successfully updated the Nextcloud, so I always update it manually. So there is a doubt.
*An error will always occur in the backup process. It can not be copied, it is a parsing error, and there are some patterns.
At first, my update process:
- Maintenance mode ON.
- Backup MySQL
- Backup Old Nextcloud directory(and move or rename directory name).
- Download new Nextcloud source.
- Install new Nextcloud.
- Moving applications that are not installed by default from old Nextcloud.
- Moving config.php from old Nextcloud.
- Set permissions and owner.
- Execute occ update.
- Maintenance mode OFF.
- Delete old Nextcloud.
Please tell me about the apps files of the 6th item above.
Do I need to manually copy from the old directory? For example, if there is application data in MySQL, if I install Nextcloud, will the system automatically recognize and re-download applications I used in the past? Or should I manually move?