Ability for admin to override share "policies"

Normally we want to force certain sharing settings with “Enforce password protection” and “Set default expiration date” for users.
However, for certain use cases this is not very practical, for example en company wide “file drop” location, or for other public document sharing where we also do not want the sharing link to change and/or needs manual recreation every x days.
(I don’t think this is possible right now, right? If it is, it would be very useful for me. )

So I think it would be of use to a lot of other users/company’s to have the following:

1. Exclude certain users/groups from the polcies in the admin section. Or in the beginning just admins or a certain other group name.
  2. Another useful feature would be to create a static link, so a little less auto generated for easier typing without the use of external redirection tools.
1 Like

This is similar to what I’m looking for. I think some sort of “defaults” section would be very useful and beneficial, such as being able to set defaults by groups, folders, etc.
https://help.nextcloud.com/t/sharing-defaults/3929

1 Like