A new major Talk release for our mobile clients bringins offline support and more cool features!

:pensive::worried::confused:
Covid-19 made things more complicated

Hi @jospoortvliet!
Sorry for necroposting, but I was wondering if by now any new (or old!) hire had started looking at the codebase for future development already, or that step hasn’t been approached yet?
Thank you on advance

Hi Eduardo, yeah, we’ve hired somebody but they will only start in a few weeks I believe… It’s frustrating it took so long, yes, our Android Files dev has chipped in but it’s been slow of course.

2 Likes

Great to hear this! And great to see some activity over on the Nextcloud Talk repo on Github.

Thanks for all the hard work Nextcloud and the team has put into this. I’m waiting on this updated app to roll out Nextcloud Talk as our solution for our company’s internal communication channel!

Can anybody provide a screenshot of what the read/delivered receipts look like? It’s a big feature for us.

Screenshot_20210210_105649

:wink:

1 Like

Love it! Nice and easy on the eyes.

Hi,
If there is a multi user chat, is there a way to know who has seen a message?

1 Like

The avatar of the user appearing in place of the ticks in multi-user chats could be nice and intuitive ala Facebook Messenger. At least that way it’s familiar to a good chunk of users.

A timestamp for when it was delivered/seen could also be useful, that’s something In use on other services all the time when working across different timezones.

For anyone seeing this and wondering about offline/slow support, please see: Not usable offline and slow on bad connection · Issue #217 · nextcloud/talk-android · GitHub