500 Internal Server Error (ISubscription::isHardUserLimitReached)

Nextcloud version: 20.0.4
Operating system and version: TrueNASCore-12.0-RELEASE
nginx version: 1.18.0
PHP version: 7.4.13
Windows Desktop Client: 3.1.1

The issue you are facing:
The Windows Desktop Client can not connect to the Nextcloud server. It has worked up until about 2 days ago. It gives an error message. A similar message is displayed when trying to access nextcloud settings over my webbrowser.

Error in Windows Client: Server replied “500 Internal Server Error” to “GET myservername/status.php”

Error in webbrowser: HTTP Error 500

Normal use of files and sharing is working over webbrowser or android app. It might have to do with an update, allthough I am not sure about that. I recently updated the Desktop Client and also Nextcloud to the newest versions.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? : Y

The output of your Nextcloud log in /var/log/nextcloud:

{"reqId":"UYhrJvoHXmM7AuGvtMiW","level":3,"time":"2020-12-29T12:29:12+00:00","remoteAddr":"myipadress","user":"username","app":"PHP","method":"GET","url":"/settings/user","message":"Class OCA\\Support\\Subscription\\SubscriptionAdapter contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (OCP\\Support\\Subscription\\ISubscription::isHardUserLimitReached) at /usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/support/lib/Subscription/SubscriptionAdapter.php#30","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.198 Safari/537.36 OPR/72.0.3815.459","version":"20.0.4.0"}

The output of your nginx log in /var/log/nginx:

2020/12/29 11:41:14 [error] 8446#102528: *10 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Class OCA\Support\Subscription\SubscriptionAdapter contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (OCP\Support\Subscription\ISubscription::isHardUserLimitReached) in /usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps/support/lib/Subscription/SubscriptionAdapter.php on line 30" while reading response header from upstream, client: "IPAdressOfClient", server: , request: "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/nextcloud-php-fpm.sock:", host: "hostname.of.my.server"

That’s most likely the problem as already described in this forum at least a hundred times (You should use the search function of this forum to find them :wink:) . Check your Nextcloud log file for any more detailed error messages. In most cases you’ve updated your PHP version but have forgotten to install/update a required php module.

Hi j-ed

Thanks for taking the time so reply to my post. I am quite new to Nextcloud and not really familiar with php modules. Is there any way to tell which module might be missing or is outdated?

I searched the forum and found multiple posts about some “500 Error” but they all concern different errors, I did not know that it would all come back to the same thing. I can’t seem to figure out what exactly I need to do. The Nextcoud log is in my first post but I can’t figure out to what module this error could be referring to.

I started looking at he phpinfo.php page but there is a lot of information that I really don’t understand.

Is there a list of required modules that I can look through to compare?

^^^ Just do it!

As usual, you will find the list of required php modules in the administrator guide:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/20/admin_manual/installation/source_installation.html#prerequisites-for-manual-installation

Hi, thanks for trying to help me.

I am sorry, I really don’t understand what to do, I compared the module list, the necessary modules are present.

I rolled back to a previous state with NC20.0.2, everything works fine now.