401 - No 'Authorization: *' header fond when trying to log in with nextcloud Android client

Hi guys. I can’t login with the Android client. I get the famous 401 no authentication error.
I’ve duckduckgoed everything I could and scraped related topics here.
Changing my NGNIX config made DavDroid work and now I can syn cals, contact and taks.
But still no luck with the Android client.

Regardless of what I try, it fails.

Nextcloud version: 12.0.0
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 16.04 Server
Apache or nginx version: nginx/1.12.0
PHP version: PHP 7.1.5-1+deb.sury.org~xenial+2

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error?: No

Can you reliably replicate it?

• Install Android Nextcloud client
  • Try to login

The issue you are facing: I cannot login with Android Client.

I can log int with the ownCloud Android client from F-Droid no problem.

It look like there’s a bug with NextCloud Android client.

Hi @akeif,

which version of the Nextcloud client are you using?
Best would be to give the dev version a try (in case you are using F-Droid) to see if the upcoming 1.5 release fixes the issue for you: https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=Nextcloud&fdid=com.nextcloud.android.beta

Hey @Andy,
I do happen to have F-Droid (didn’t intall Google Play and Play services, hail FOSS!).

Dev version is working just fine! No issue at all.

I was using the latest release version from F-Droid.

2 Likes

Hey @akeif,

Sweet! And yes, than your issue is likely related to Nextcloud 12 in combination with the Android App (which needs to be >= 1.4.3) so the upcoming stable release 1.5.0 will fix this issue for all F-Droid users. Unfortunately we can’t release 1.4.2/1.4.3 on F-Droid due to it’s dependencies which could be removed for 1.5 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi i have also same problem… Please help me @Andy

@Andy see it say access failed. what to do?

Anything special in the access logs of Nextcloud. I am no expert on this. Best is to open an issue on the guthub tracker and ping @tobiasKaminsky

1 Like

Okk i will @Andy

1 Like

Thanks @NRSHAOWN :heart:

1 Like