The migration part of the update happened twice with success for both.
Steps to reproduce:
- In 12.0.5 switch to beta channel to get 13 update notice and the updater button on the web page
- Instead of clicking that button you can now invoke the command line based updater by going into the updater/ directory in the Nextcloud directory and executing the updater.phar as the web server user. sudo -u www-data php updater.phar
- The update is in two parts. The first does checks, downloads the new version, etc. This completed successfully
- Then is asks - Should the occ-upgrade command be executed and I said Yes
- The upgrade completed successfully.
- Back to the web page, I change the channel from beta to stable and the page refreshes and goes to the updater page asking me to complete the upgrade. I try and go to any different page and it comes back to the upgrade page.
- I do the upgrade via the web page and it completes successfully a second time returning a message Upgrade to 13.0 successful
So, the upgrade portion completed twice. Once via CLI and then the second time via Web. I surmise my mistake was switching to the stable channel to quickly. Perhaps I should have refreshed the page at least once while still in the beta channel before switching to stable.
I clicked around the web page, used the apps and desktop client. All seem to be working well. However, I’m still a bit uneasy with the way this update happened and am seeking reassurance from the devs that all is ok.
So my question is - Is what happened during my upgrade to 13 ok?